Massively Open Online Courses have exploded and the phenomenon is promising the rock the world of higher education.
A Catalog of Free Online Courses We've made earning real college credit simple—with no red tape to transfer credit units to over 2,900 colleges and universities. Each of our free courses is paired with a reputable credit-granting exam, such as a College Board CLEP or AP exam or an Excelsior exam. Exams typically cost less than $100 and each yields 3-12 transferable credit units. These exams have been around for decades, but their adoption and impact has been handcuffed due to a lack of quality study material. Our free courses are unlocking their potential and are bringing affordable college credit to millions of students.
http://www.openculture.com/free_certificate_courses - 800 Free MOOCs from Great Universities (Many Offering Certificates)
Udemy Free Courses
– Udemy is an example of a site allows anyone to build or take online courses. Udemy’s site exclaims, “Our goal is to disrupt and democratize education by enabling anyone to learn from the world’s experts.
Stanford Free Courses
- From Quantum Mechanics to The Future of the Internet, Stanford offers a variety of free courses.
Harvard Free Courses
– From Computer Science to Shakespeare, students may now get a free Harvard education. “Take a class for professional development, enrichment, and degree credit. Courses run in the fall, spring, or intensive January session. No application is required.”
Yale Free Courses
– At Open Yale, the school offers “free and open access to a selection of introductory courses taught by distinguished teachers and scholars at Yale University. The aim of the project is to expand access to educational materials for all who wish to learn.”
Carnegie Mellon Free Courses
– Carnegie Mellon boosts “No instructors, no credits, no charge.”
http://www.uopeople.org/ - University of the People provides tuition-free online education to individuals around the world.
http://alison.com/ - free online learning resource for basic and essential workplace skills. ALISON provides high-quality, engaging, interactive multimedia courseware for certification and standards-based learning. All courseson ALISON are accessible for free to individual learners.
- The Floating University is a new educational media venture. We create and distribute online multimedia curricula, rich in text, video, animation and graphics, that feature today's biggest thinkers, practitioners and leading scholars.
- View and share free educational material in small modules that can be organized as courses, books, reports or other academic assignments.
Carnegie Mellon University - Open Learning Initiative
- Carnegie Mellon University's Open Learning Initiative - The Open Learning Initiative offers online courses to anyone who wants to learn or teach. Our aim is to combine open, high-quality courses, continuous feedback, and research to improve learning and transform higher education
Courses - http://oli.cmu.edu/learn-with-oli/see-our-free-open-courses/
- Course subjects include Argument Diagramming, BioChemistry, Chemistry, French, Engineering Statics, Logic, Media Programming, Biology, Probability, Statistics, Speech, Statistical Reasoning, and others.
Frequently Asked Questions - http://oli.cmu.edu/get-to-know-oli/get-answers-to-faqs-2/
To Sign Up - https://oli.cmu.edu/jcourse/webui/signup.do
In 2013, announced partnership/union with EdX
Stanford Online's internal platform, designed to be an open platform for online learning and research. The Class2Go platform is open-source, portable and interoperable. By designing Class2Go for both teaching and research, the team hopes to leverage data to improve the efficacy of the online and offline lessons.Class2Go’s early dedication to open-source is perhaps its biggest differentiator from other platforms. It is free of cost, and collaborators are also welcome to contribute to Class2Go’s code.
http://www.edxonline.org/ - EdX is a joint partnership between The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard University to offer online learning to millions of people around the world. EdX will offer Harvard and MIT classes online for free
Courses/FAQs - https://www.edx.org/faq - Frequently Asked Questions
Online Business School. First MOOC on: "Les clés du management interculturel en Europe", ENACO souhaite promouvoir la richesse et la diversité des cultures européennes auprès des publics francophones pour mieux vivre et travailler ensemble.
French & English
You can use and modify the template for both personal and commercial use. You must keep all copyright information and credit links in the template and associated files. For more responsive HTML5 templates visit Free Website Templates.